Hi, I’m John Ryan.
And I want to welcome you to the Coaching Empire. This part of my website is obviously where I’m supposed to talk about myself in the third person and share with you all sorts of impressive information about me and my background. Instead, I thought I’d pretend that you and I are having a conversation, which is what we would do if we were meeting in person.
So, I imagine you’re wondering, “Who is this guy?” and more importantly, “Is he worth listening to?”
With regards to the last question, the answer is, “it depends.”
It depends on where you are in your business and what you’re looking for.
Here’s how you’d know if it is NOT a fit:
- If you’re looking for a program or coaching that will help you go from zero to $1 Million dollars a year without putting a lot of time, money, or energy into your business, then I’m not your guy. Coaching is not a “Get rich quick” scheme. Coaching, and being an entrepreneur in general, is hard work. Any “overnight” success involves a lot of hard work, dedication, and commitment.
- If you’re getting amazing results with your clients, if you are getting tons of referrals from those clients, and have a waiting list of people who want to work with you, then you’re probably good to go. Sure, we could hang out and I can help you take your business to the next level, but if what you’re doing is working for you, keep doing it.
Ok, so what WOULD be a good fit?
- If your coaching practice is not full or if you are struggling in your business in terms of finding and enrolling clients,
- If you start some months wondering where the money is going to come from in your business,
- If you’re good at what you do, but just need some help in figuring out how to more effectively let your ideal clients know about you and how you can help them, OR…
- If your business has hit a plateau and you want to break through to the next level,
You’re willing to do what it takes to create the vision you have for your business…
Then, we should absolutely connect and spend some time together because that’s exactly what I do. I help coaches and entrepreneurs find, engage, and enroll more clients so that they can expand their income and their impact.
You might be thinking, “How do I know if I will like your stuff?”
The best thing to do is to check out some of my free stuff. (I’ll share where to find some of that down below at the bottom of this page). If you try out some of the things that I share for free, get a lot of value, and get results, then if you’re like most of my clients, you’re going to want to invest in my paid content and get even more results.
Now, when I give free content, I like to give REAL content. Have you ever downloaded a resource or attended a webinar with free content and it turns out to be “content free.” Have you ever done that…where you get all excited for some training and then instead, you get pitched the entire time?
Me too. Yeah. I don’t like that either.
Instead, I like to provide lots and lots of content, tons of value up front. And then follow it up with a simple invitation (a.k.a. a sales offer) to take the next step.
Yes. I just told you that I’m going to invite you to become a client. After all, I’m a sales trainer for coaches and entrepreneurs, would you expect or want anything less? Of course not. In fact, I imagine that’s the exact reason why you’re reading this, to learn how to market and sell your programs and services more effectively.
And the good news is that before I invite you to become a client, most likely, I will have given you lots of valuable strategies and ideas that you can implement in your business. I think that’s a really good way to start off any business relationship, is to give value first.
The idea is, of course, that you’ll check out my free stuff and say, “Wow, this is really good. I wonder what kind of value I would get with his paid content?” And then obviously we would figure out what is the best program or service to help you get the results you’re looking for.
That’s what sales really is…it’s service. It’s about finding out what your clients need and then helping them get what they need so they can have what they want.
At this point, you may be thinking, “What’s the best way to get started?”
I recommend that you start by checking out some of my free stuff. If you like what you see, then chances are that you’ll like my programs.
- One simple way to get started would be to join my Free Facebook Group called the Coaching Empire. It’s about how to help you build your Coaching Empire so that you can impact the lives of those you are called to serve. It’s free, of course, and you can join by clicking here.
- You can also grab a free copy of my ebook, “Find Clients Fast“ to learn the 5 essential steps to find clients fast and skyrocket your coaching business.
For those of you who want a more professional bio, I’ll share that here along with a more personal one so that we can get to know each other.
John Ryan, MBA, MSW, PhD is a leading expert on business development, communication, and transformation. He provides training, coaching, and consulting to thousands of individuals and organizations each year. With over two decades of experience in the training industry, John empowers those who empower others by delivering coaching and training to coaches, consultants, and organizational leaders.
John is a Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and is the Co-Trainer for NLP.com which is the world’s largest NLP training organization. John’s mission is to empower others to expand their Coaching Empire by improving their ability to Find, Engage, and Enroll clients into their programs and services.
I first became involved in the training and development field in 1996. I took my first seminar and started working with people one-on-one immediately. In networking with other professionals in the field, I discovered the biggest problem in their business was not their coaching skills, but their sales skills. Many people that I talked to “collected” certificates, just like me, but were still struggling in enrolling clients. I knew that if I was going to want to help people that I would have to develop this skill.
I had attended workshops on selling, but wanted to get a more hands-on experience so I went to work for a company as a sales rep. I figured this would get me the real-world training I was looking for.
I started working for a well-known international company selling fleets of cars. The first month was mostly training, which I thought was great. The second month I was on the phone, cold-calling businesses and going on appointments. That month, unfortunately was filled with a lot of activity, but didn’t produce a lot results (a.k.a. sales).
I was discouraged, but I continued on. After another month of not getting results, I realized that it’s not just about activity, it’s about the quality of activity that makes a difference. Instead of focusing on the quantity of calls I was making, which is what the company was focused on, I started focus on the quality of calls, establishing relationships, finding out what the client really needed, if anything, and then only going on appointments to meet with people that needed help.
In my fourth month, I’m proud to say, I generated $4 Million of business. I went from selling nothing to selling over 200 cars and trucks to a handful of companies.
My sales ranking for the company went from being at the bottom to being at the top. Soon after the rankings were published, I was called into my boss’s office; I was excited and thinking that I was going to be congratulated on my success.
My boss said, “I’m concerned about your performance.” I responded, “What do you mean, I’m one of the top in the country.”
He said, “Your sales are good, but I’m concerned that you don’t have any appointments scheduled for next month and your appointments this month were way down.” He continued, “Activity is what we measure because that predicts your success long-term.”
At that point, I realized that I had learned all I was going to learn from this organization and decided to leave the company and focus again on my own business.
I started with companies, working with executives and managers. Helping them transform their leadership and communication style so they could get increased “buy-in” from their teams. Then I discovered that like helping salespeople improve their sales because they tend to be more “invested” in their success than some of the middle managers I was working with.
Along the way I discovered my passion and my purpose which is to empower coaches and heart-centered entrepreneurs. And part of the reason for that is that it allows me to have an even greater impact on the world by helping coaches expand their business and ultimately help more people.
That’s what keeps me going after 20 years in the training and development business, helping others achieve their dreams.
In fact, I’d like to help you too. This will be my first sales pitch to you.
I truly believe in giving value before inviting people to become clients. So my first invitation to you is to do two things:
- Grab a copy of my free ebook, “Find Clients Fast“ and learn how to skyrocket your coaching business today.
- Join my Free Facebook Group: Coaching Empire. That’s it. No pressure, just value. Come hang out with me and a community of like-minded coaches who are focusing on making money while making a difference in the lives of others. Click here to apply to join the group.
Thanks for reading.
Bye for now,